Friday, December 15, 2006

ROTO Parts





Roto was, like REG, a italian supplier of different kinds of small accesories for racing bikes. I came across some of their products from different sources, such as my local bike shop which sold those parts as a cheaper alternative to original Campagnolo parts. My Raleigh had a pair of ROTO pedals which are relatively light and has nice alloy cages. The pedals have Gipiemme dustcaps and are Campy-clones which makes me wonder wether only the cages were produced by ROTO or Gipiemme was the original manufacturer.

I also have a pair of leather pedal straps marked ROTO.


The most interesting parts are their brake shoes called "Super Record". They are made of black anodized aluminium in the typical Campy style but utilise allen head bolts. In comparison to Campagnolo brake shoes and pads they are significantly lighter and might therefore have been a weight tuning thing for racers at the day. Besides they were also a lot cheaper than Campas.